Puti Meditation College (Canada) Ltd.
Last modified: January 28th 2021
Puti Meditation College (Canada) Ltd. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Energy Bagua”, “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and users of our Services (“you“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- Through our Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications that form part of our Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Services.
FOR EUROPEAN UNION AND UNITED KINGDOM RESIDENT
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the UK or Switzerland, please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally will collect personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Services you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests. Please note that in most cases, if you do not provide the requested information, Energy Bagua will not be able to provide the requested service to you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“). We do not collect or store any payment information or credit card information. That information is held solely by our payment processors and is subject to their privacy policies.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Services feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Services interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Services areas or transmit to other Services users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Services.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Services or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
Google Analytics and Third-Party Services
We use Google Analytics to collect browsing pattern and visiting time, including the User ID feature. This allows us to understand better how users view our products online and each product’s popularity.
We also use third party providers for web security and firewall services, to increase the convenience and security of our Services.
However, we will not upload information to Google Analytics, or to any web security provider that to our knowledge allows such third-party service providers to personally identify you (such as certain names, social security or social insurance numbers, email addresses, or any similar data), or data that permanently identifies a particular device (such as your mobile phone’s unique device identifier if such an identifier cannot be reset), even in hashed form.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve our Services, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Services.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To Taiwan Shan Porsche Co., Ltd., and other companies operating under the Energy Bagua name that we have entered into a partnership
- To any of our subsidiary companies, as defined in the British ColumbiaBusiness Corporations Act.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- With your consent, to third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- To our third-party service providers for the purpose of processing Personal Information on our behalf or assisting in the operation of the Services or our other products. We require that these parties agree to process such Personal Information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- In order to enforce or apply our contractual agreements or without your consent pursuant to any of the exceptions in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act(“PIPEDA”) and the BC Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”)
- In the case of Non-Personal Information, we may share it with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
If we propose to collect, use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than those described in this policy, we will obtain your consent or offer you an effective way to “opt-out” of the use of personal information for those other purposes.
Withdrawals of consent will not have an effect on personal or other data that we have used or disclosed in accordance with this policy prior to such withdrawals.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We only use third party server hosts with certified facilities that contain the industry standard physical, operational and digital security and restriction protocols. All safety and security measures are reasonable and appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features or register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [[email protected]].
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law, you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us at [[email protected]].
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [[email protected]]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
The authentic language of the Agreement is English and any translations provided are for convenience only. If there is any conflict between the English language version of this Agreement and any translation, then the English language version will prevail. You agree we may communicate with you in English during the term of this Agreement.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. We may provide you with notice of such modifications, by otherwise bringing it to your attention in the Services.
Your continued use of the Services will signify your acceptance of the modifications to this policy. If you disagree with any changes to this policy, you will need to stop using the Services and deactivate your account.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE